The beautiful and auspicious month of Sawan has started. This month brings happiness and prosperity. For the Lord Shiva’s devotees, this month is quite special and auspicious. In this month, devotees take fast on every Monday of this month.
Four Special Monday On This Month –
Sawan month holds four Mondays. And each Monday of this month is important and quite significant. Monday is also regarded as the special day of Lord Shiva. There is a total number of four Mondays comes in this auspicious month. Let’s check it out these four special Mondays of Sawan which is as follows -
• July 22 – And it will be the first Monday of this Sawan month. The first Monday of the Sawan month is regarded as Desert Panchami of Desert.
• July 29 – The second Monday of Sawan month will fall on July 29. Apart from this, this day is also quite special and auspicious since Somprodsh and Swarth-Siddhi and Amrit Siddhi will fall on this day.
• On August 5 – And third Monday will be on August 5 of August month. On the third Monday of Sawan, it is also regarded as Deshachari Nagpanchami and Sawan Somvaar.
• And August 12 - And this is the last and fourth Monday of Sawan Month. On this auspicious day, SomPradosh and Sawan Somvaar will also fall on.
Auspicious Occasions of Sawan -
India is regarded as a place where a number of festivals, fasts and occasions are celebrated every year. In Sawan month, there are also other auspicious occasions celebrated. Talking about the auspicious occasions such as July 20. On this auspicious day, Sharvaani Chaturthi and RaviPushya will fall on. And the best thing is that this date is being considered quite auspicious. On July 30, it will be celebrated as Masik/ shivratri.
Mythological Significance Of The Month Of Shravan
Bholenath (Lord Shiva) is regarded, to be Shiva. Lord Shiva has always been regarded as the prominent God. He is regarded as the God of the gods. He holds respect more than other God. Moreover, Lord Shiva is also regarded as very dear to everyone. Mythology says that once Bholenath Shiva said to King Daksh that he will come down from Kailash Mountain and will live in all Shivlinga present in the world. This is why Sawan is quite special for all of us.
What To Do In Sawan
• If a devotee offer water on Shivling in the month of Sawan, then it will be considered as climbing the Ganga water.
• Apart from this, Belpatra is also offered to Lord Shiva on this day.
• Moreover, worship offering Saffron sandalwood, dry fruits, figs of flowers and dhatura is considered will become successful.
• Om Namah Shivay is the mantara to recite on this auspicious day.
And finally -
It is believed that by worshiping devotees Lord Bhole Nath this month, devotees get freedom from all kinds of divine, physical and material sufferings.